Tuesday 16 February 2010

dissapointment and violence


Hmmm...

I filmed myself painting, its quite heavily edited but its not sped up, and i think it actually gives a good impression of how i paint. Things which i didn't even notice before. Like how the brush moves about the painting, it goes from one object to the next, going on a sort of journey floating across the canvas. And of course, how many times i actually go over something, there's a spot near the end where my hand is just incessantly going back to the same spot, like an obsessive.

It did help the expressionisticy type painting come out more by listening to Muse full blast (you can hear the noise), that's why my singing sounds like a deaf man, the ear phones were just so loud.


I tried going back over this painting today, this is the third time i've tried correcting it.. and now the last. I redid the face 3 or 4 times, and just got so frustrated with it and other things that i got a bit vicious trying to scrape the paint off and sliced it. The first stab was an accident, after that i couldn't help myself, i just got into a sort of frenzied attack. It's my release, and it's got common the last week.. me attacking paintings, i can't for life of me think why..

No comments:

Post a Comment