Monday 21 June 2010

you have your reasons

"You have your reasons for which pieces you like most, I'd never try to change your mind (the creator knows best). But, had I the chance to buy a piece of yours in the future (which I really hope to and I'm not blowing smoke), this would be high on the list. Though I don't come from a city with an art scene, (other than the one my friends and I are attempting to create) I've had the chance to visit galleries all over the U.S. and some in Europe, though mostly only the big name ones, I've seen shit and movement art which is all fine and well, but painters that paint for the love of the craft with such a broad spectrum of works and talent are few. You, my friend, are such a painter."
He was talking about this painting;


Of my own work it's not my favourite, though i may admit it has something, some viciousness to it which i like, which i harbour and cultivate at times. But the comment was perhaps one of the nicest i've ever received, mainly because it's exactly how i would like to be viewed. TO have the work free from constraints, transcending money worries, not pandering to any particular audience. Just being, from me, to whoever wants to see it, you.

This was today's work, that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment