Tuesday 9 March 2010

dum dum dum!


I think i'm capable of 'competing' (i'm not sure it is a competition) with the greats... like Daumier, Van Gogh, Titian, Goya, Rembrandt.. and dare i say Michelangelo. I'm very critical of my work, i'm not under any delusion that anything so far has been anywhere near the standard they achieved, but given more time i think i can. And i don't care if you think i'm a prick cause i said it, most people don't say it, they just hold these greats up as untouchables, as if they're sacred, sent from god or something, which defeats the whole purpose, that these are ordinary fucking people who achieved great things through hard work, not divine intervention.

I kind of got a whole age thing in my head, the first one was that i wanted to make a great film (or animation) at 25, like Welles.. it's not really working out though, i only have 2 months left til i'm 26

No comments:

Post a Comment