Friday 2 April 2010

passive/aggressive.. so fuck you

I'm so aggressive lately, i'm always on the defense, anyone mentions my work i'm up on my hind legs with my gum's ready to spring back and show my teeth. I just feel that if people aren't going to make positive comments on my work anytime, then they have no right to take the piss either. And even if they do, that gives them no right to dictate to me. That i'm painting off my own back, with very little money and grudging support. And people think it's somehow their right to tell me how to paint, as if my work belongs to them, and i'm in some ways there servant. That if they don't like it it must be worthless, cause it's just supposed to be a pretty picture, isn't it? hang on someones wall? with all the things going on in the world i'm supposed to be concerned with flowers? well.. yes i am, but not only. Well, i make work for me, i'm perfectly capable of seeing when a painting isn't very good, and when it is, that's why i reuse so many canvases, sometimes i keep paintings around for a while just to make sure, and there are very very few that i'm happy with, and even then not absolutely.


...pssst.. if you click on them (the images), they will grow...

No comments:

Post a Comment